Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sweet Hope

image from farmerspal.com

After an entire night and day of looking for Honey Sunshine, she just appeared out of nowhere!  K had searched high and low, all over the yard.  I spent the day feeling so sad for the parents of missing children.  Honey's just a chicken (which I know does NOT compare), but it still feels horrible to not know where she is or if she is still alive.

And then, as K was cooking dinner, he heard her knocking at the side of the house!  BEST. CHICKEN. BABYSITTER. EVER.

This brings the missing chicken tally to 2/3.  Saphera went missing and I found her two weeks later, sitting on a full nest of eggs.  Her daughter Eragon disappeared when she was 2 months old and I never found her (or any remains).  Honey disappeared just for the night and came back on her own.  I'm SO lucky.  Hopefully she was just camping.  I can't wait to see her this weekend and give that fluffy bird a hug.

Apparently Honey Sunshine is good luck, as well!  Around 8PM the appraiser I had found and hoped to hire called with the best news.  The FSA and state offices approved her application and accepted her proposal.  In RECORD time.  I think I'm still in shock.  The only catch is that she needs to do the walk-through (which she also offered to do complimentary!  this woman is a saint!) on THURSDAY.  Of this week.  It's super short notice, but I'm hoping that given the circumstances the current owners will be understanding.  I spoke with them directly yesterday (scheduled a time to go see the lawnmower they have for sale and a few other items) and they seemed really nice.

So there is still hope that I can close on time!  Yes, there's still a chance that the paperwork won't be processed in time or that the appraisal will come out low (though the appraiser said she didn't think it would be a problem, even with the additional $30,000 I requested for repairs).  But all I need is hope.

I'll keep fighting for this farm until there's nothing left to me.

P.S.  My truck is getting delivered tomorrow!  I'm so freakin' excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment