Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Countdown Continues

image via tumblr.com

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Closing Day.  I can't believe how real this is.

Today I finally finished the chick brooder (one week until the chicks arrive!), the laying hen's roosts, put a tarp over the pig's hut, and learned how to use ratchet tie straps for the truck (which was somehow MUCH more difficult than I anticipated).  I made a million more phone calls, finally hooked up phone/internet/cable, worked on a press release, and organized a bunch of paperwork.  I keep getting things done, but it seems like the list continues to grow.  Ahhhhhhh...the life of a farmer.

Tomorrow I will find out how much the closing costs will be, which is totally stressing me out.  The loan office never factored in those costs when we ran through the 8 million versions of the budget (okay, that might be a slight exaggeration) and I guess I just assumed they would be covering a lot of them.  Now I'm learning that closing costs are typically 4% of the purchase price, which would be $10,000.  Plus I owe taxes and still have to write a check for the lawnmower.  I have the money in my savings account to pay, so I guess I shouldn't be concerned, but that makes my budget SUPER tight.  Let's hope for an ideal growing season.  And a winning lottery ticket.

I just have to keep reminding myself to breathe and allowing myself to be excited.  This is such a wonderful blessing - to be able to achieve my dream - and I can't let a silly thing like worrying get in the way of celebrating.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment