Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cozy

image from society6.com

I think I heard the earth let out a big sigh this morning when I woke up.  FINALLY some much needed rain.

After a quick (what seems like daily) trip to the hardware store, I spent the rest of the day cozied up on the couch in slippers and a sweater eating risotto, designing movable chicken coops, placing my final seed order (for everything that will be directly seeded into the ground), and hanging out.  If that sounds like the perfect day, it's because it pretty much was.

That summary of my day makes me sound perfectly relaxed, but I'm far from it.  I keep catching myself holding my breath, and having to remind myself constantly to BREATHE.  The stress of farm ownership is starting to weigh heavily on me as the countdown gets shorter and shorter (8 days!).  But at the same time, I couldn't me more excited.

This is the big time, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment