Saturday, March 31, 2012

Meeting Martha

image from marthastewart.com
I met Martha Stewart today.  THE Martha Stewart!

She dropped by my Whole Farm Planning class, which happened to be held at the same farm she purchases her herb transplants from.  She was dressed for gardening work - picking up a few things to go into the ground before the rush of Easter planning next week.  Sigh.

I don't care what people say, I really admire Martha.  She has an amazingly talented team working for her.  I aspire to make my life even just 10% as beautiful and thoughtful as Martha's.  I never really dreamt of meeting her, but when she strolled in the room it felt like a dream come true.  I've never been so star struck before.  The first thing I did when I got home was call my 90-year old grandmother - one of Martha's biggest fan's.

Oh, and she's hiring.  She's looking for an energetic female farmer to put 60 acres of her Bedford Farm into crop production.  Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment