Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cold Feet

image from sahalie.com

I hate to admit it, but I'm getting cold feet about putting in an offer on the North Stonington Farm.

I'm certainly still going to go through with it.  But now that we're just a few short weeks away from when I had planned to put in an offer, my fear of rejection is setting in.

The only thing that's really causing me worry is the owner's sister-in-law (who's sort of the "real-estate agent" for the house).  She's expressed several times that they are not willing to budge on the price of the house (something unheard of in this market, in our area), but it's currently priced at $51,000 over the appraised value of the home.  Not only would it be crazy to pay way more than the house is worth, but I can't get a loan for that amount.

I was doing a really good job of not letting this detail get to me, until yesterday when I looked at the calendar and realized that my loan application is nearly complete.  I still need to do some work on my business financial plan (ironing out details), but the rest of the pieces are completed to the extent that I need to turn it in.  The only thing that's missing is the housing contract, which I was hoping to settle before Christmas.

I'm trying not to worry too much.  Thankfully I have the holidays and a new job to help me to keep my priorities in check.  There's no sense worrying about things that are out of my control.  I will work my hardest, put in an offer I am comfortable with, and then hope for the best!  Needless to say, I will be doing a lot of finger crossing the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment