Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Whirlwind

image from bettybroccoli.tumblr.com
My head has been in the happiest whirlwind the past few days.  Buying a home, starting a farm, planning a wedding.  So many details to attend to, I've been having trouble staying focused!

I'm embarrassed to say that I still haven't ordered my seeds.  The catalogs got a little buried underneath the paint samples I picked out for the house, the bridal magazines my mom gave to me, and the stacks of other projects that need to be done.  What can I say?  I'm easily distracted.

I've been going back and forth with the current owners over the inspection report and the home improvements I asked to be made.  I think we're finally nearing an agreement.  This afternoon I drove up to Norwich to sign the final paperwork for my loan application.  Tomorrow it will be processed!  The last detail is a home appraisal, which I wasn't nervous about until my loan officer told me that she was.  Bah.  They put a request out for bids, and it usually takes 6-8 weeks.  As long as the appraisal comes back pretty close to the purchasing price (close enough that I could fudge it with my last bit of savings), I'll be pretty much set!

I'm incredibly fortunate with my timing - as my application was submitted just before this quarter's funding came in, so my the funding for my loan is currently earmarked for this quarter!  This could change, of course, but it's HUGE news.  It means that the money will most likely be available as soon as I need it, rather than needing to send my application to Washington and wait for a request.  I'm trying not to get too excited, but it's hard not to be optimistic.  I really need this to work out, but unfortunately the details are out of my hands.

Home. Farm. Wedding. Home. Farm. Wedding.

It's all really happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment