Thursday, September 8, 2011

Why Two Blue Boots?


These are my boots (along my chicken).  A pair of size eight, nautical blue, L.L.Bean wellies that have been through a lot of crap.  Literally.

But this blog isn't really about boots.  It's about the beginning of a journey.

A few weeks ago I gave notice at my current job.  In four days I will complete my job as a full-time farm manager, move out of my beautiful farmhouse, say goodbye to the friends that I have made here over the past two and a half years, and head off on my next adventure.  Blue boots in tow...and that's about it.

I'm headed to eastern CT to be closer to my family and to begin the lengthy process of starting my own farm.  (Logistics and details to follow.)  Though it still feels somewhat crazy to have quit a perfectly good job in this terrible economy, and though I am dreading having to say goodbye to my flock of chickens and my partner, K (all staying behind for the time being), and though I don't have any specifics right now, I'm EXCITED.  This dream that I've had for the past 5+ years is slowly beginning to become a reality.

Hold on tight, folks.  This is going to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment