Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Break

image from livecreatingyourself.com
Happy Winter Solstice!

Sorry for the absence of posts the past few days.  My real estate agent is away until after the holidays, so I haven't had much news to report on the farm-searching front (unless spending hours and hours each day searching properties online counts as "news").

I'm really eager to move forward in the farm search process.  I don't take disappointment easily, and a big part of me is still mourning the fact that my plans for the North Stonington farm fell through.  That's been the life I imagined for the past two months (despite trying to remain unattached!), and it's hard for me to just forget about that promise.  I haven't been able to find suitable properties to visit in the area that I was hoping to live, which is a real let down. Combine my disappointment with the very short days (the darkness just exhausts me), and I haven't had much to say.

Yesterday I decided that what I really needed was to be surrounded with love.  A reminder of why I am working so hard for this dream.  So after work I drove west to visit my chickens and K.  Everyone was SO excited to see me.  I spent time outside with my girls until sunset, and then curled up with K in front of the high-def yule log.  The perfect evening.

I'll make this crazy dream work somehow.  But in the meantime, I'm just looking forward to a relaxing holiday weekend.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment